We bring safe, affordable housing to those who need it most. For 30 years, Cascadia has been a leader in developing and managing safe and affordable housing for Oregon residents with mental illness and addictions. Cascadia owns, operates and/or manages around 1000 units or vouchers of housing in sites operating as licensed residential, permanent supported housing, and independent housing.
For Cascadia’s housing waitlists, we use an online application process through RentCafe. This allows us to open our waitlists more frequently and maintain shorter waitlists. This also ensures the application process is fair and equitable, that the applications we receive are accurate and complete, and that the process is in compliance with all government entities.
If you are signed up for our Housing Waitlist email list, you will receive notifications before the next waitlist opens.
We recommend reading these instructions to familiarize yourself with the system before starting a waitlist application. This system requires that you create an account (email address and password) and that you accept the terms and conditions for RentCafe during the process.
- Applicants will need a unique email address in order to register and apply. Using one email address for several applicants (i.e., case manager using one email address for multiple clients) will not work. There are many free services to create an email address if you or your client don’t have one, including Gmail, Yahoo!, and Outlook.
- We will need to contact applicants, so a phone number and/or email address are required.
- For all household members 18 and older, we require their full name and date of birth. For subsidized housing, we also require a social security number.
- If you are working with a case manager or advocate, please provide their contact information.
- Please be sure to answer the questions accurately; this helps ensure your application can move forward.
- If you are applying for more than one waitlist, you will need to pre-register each application separately.
Need help? Read these instructions.
Sign up for our email notifications for future openings.
Affordable Housing & Properties
We get support from state and local grants, HOME funds, Community Development Block Grants, the Federal Home Loan Bank program, Department of Housing and Urban Development Capital Advances, Oregon Housing and Community Services Trust Fund and HELP grants, and the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program.
Garlington Place & Health Center
In 2018, we completed our Garlington Campus, one of Oregon’s most innovative community-centered campuses, featuring our new Garlington Health Center and Garlington Place Apartments which together provide integrated health care services – mental health, substance use recovery, primary care, wellness programs, and integrated housing all in one location.
Centennial Place Apartments
We broke ground on our latest affordable housing site located at 164th and SE Powell Blvd. The new Centennial neighborhood site will be modeled after the success of Garlington Place Apartments in NE Portland, and should open in the Fall of 2022.
Permanent Supportive Housing
Cascadia provides permanent supportive housing to approximately 240 households throughout Multnomah County through our Housing Supports and Services (Housing Outreach Team and Palm 2 PSH). These programs provide home and community-based services, including housing search and placement services, housing retention services, mental health services — including case management, skills training, counseling, medication services, and crisis intervention services.