Tryon Mews Apartments
Waitlist opening October 7, 2022
** The waitlist is now closed **
We are opening the waitlist for our Tryon Mews Apartments on Friday, October 7, 2022, at 10:00 a.m., with applicants able to start pre-registering their applications now. The waitlist will close after the first 100 applications have been started.
Tryon Mews Apartments are one-bedroom apartments, for disabled individuals needing independent housing. These units are HUD-subsidized. Only applicants who have a disability and Low, Very Low, or Extremely Low (Zero) income can qualify for Tryon Mews.
Important waitlist information
For Cascadia’s housing waitlists, we use an online application process through RentCafe. This allows us to open our waitlists more frequently and maintain shorter waitlists. This also ensures the application process is fair and equitable, that the applications we receive are accurate and complete, and that the process is in compliance with all government entities.
We are now allowing applicants to pre-register their applications up to a week before the waitlist opens. Pre-registering is the process of either making an account with RentCafe, or linking an existing RentCafe account with the specific waitlist you are applying for. Please note that even if you pre-register your application in advance, you will still need to start your application after the waitlist opens on October 7 at 10:00 a.m.
If you want to apply to join more than one waitlist, you will need to pre-register these applications separately. If you are also applying for the waitlist for Clinton Ridge Apartments (waitlist opening October 6), please visit the Clinton Ridge webpage and pre-register that application separately.
We recommend reading these instructions to familiarize yourself with the system before the waitlist opens. This system requires that you create an account (email address and password) and that you accept the terms and conditions for RentCafe during the process.
- Applicants will need a unique email address in order to register and apply. Using one email address for several applicants (i.e., case manager using one email address for multiple clients) will not work. There are many free services to create an email address if you or your client don’t have one, including Gmail, Yahoo!, and Outlook.
- We will need to contact applicants, so a phone number and/or email address are required.
- For all household members 18 and older, we require their full name and date of birth. For subsidized housing, we also require a social security number.
- If you are working with a case manager or advocate, please provide their contact information.
- Please be sure to answer the questions accurately; this helps ensure your application can move forward.
- If you are applying for more than one waitlist, you will need to pre-register each application separately.
Need help? Read these instructions.
Tryon Mews Apartments, 8453 SW 30th Ave., Portland, OR 97219
Located in the Multnomah Village neighborhood, Tryon Mews has one-bedroom, HUD-subsidized apartment units. Only applicants who have a disability and Low, Very Low, or Extremely Low (Zero) income can qualify for Tryon Mews.